Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ADJUSTMENT

I should change something about me - they say -
Because nobody can live like this

I should trim my wings
Because they carry me too high

I should loosen my roots
Because they reach too deep

I should take a prescription for glasses
Because my eyes see things that are not there

I should procure me a mask
Because it is not suitable to wear none

I should walk the large path
Because the narrow one is so lonely

And I should definitely give up being open-hearted
Because people get so embarrassed by that

I should were gloves
Because you cannot pick roses without

I should veil my heart
Because it spreads the scent of too much love

And of course, before all things,
I should give up
talking about love
believing in love
dreaming of love
because it is so dangerous and so contagious

So many voices for these adjustments
And only one voice against them
yours, telling me:
please be who you already are

No comments: